Thursday, February 21, 2019

Birthday Holiday Mansion, Art Impression

Hello!  It is Week 2 of Art Impressions House or Cottage Challenge.  Have you entered?  I have a card today that features the previously released Holiday Mansion stamp and die set and the new accessory for it called HM Birthday Set.  There is also a new accessory set called HM Garden Set that is so adorable!

I stamped and die cut the images from the HM Birthday set.  I also stamped, then fussy cut, the Holiday Mansion.  There are dies for the doors and windows included in the set that I also used.  The window shutters also have dies to cut them out.

Many times I will stamp all the images of a set twice and usually only make one card because of time.  These were easy to put together, so today I have two cards to share today.  Everything was colored with Copic markers.  All of the supplies are listed below.


For the background, I used a cloud stencil and Distress Oxide ink to create the clouds.


This was my first time using the Holiday Mansion set.  After I stamped the mansion, at first, I wondered where to place the dies.  However, it didn't take long to figure out that all I needed to do was to center the dies in their respective openings.   I wanted to use this tag from the Flag Double Stitched Dies set, but it was too long.  I remembered that all I needed to do was to cut it once, then reposition the die where I wanted it and just cut the top portion.  Perfect size!!  The little fence, WC Fence Dies, is from the watercolor line, but is definitely great for other cards!  It has several shapes and sizes of fences.

 

Another extra touch I did was to add embossed lines to the mansion to imitate clapboard siding.  I just used my Scor-Pal and embossed equally spaced lines along the length of the mansion.   I think it adds a quaint touch!  


For this background, I used some blue card stock, the cloud stencil and white pigment ink to create the clouds.


For both cards I popped up the mansion with foam tape to give some dimension and help to show the cake and presents better.


Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you will enter into the challenge.  It can be ANY house/cottage stamp die or any other idea you have using that theme.  Check out all the details at Art Impressions HERE.  I'll be looking for your entry!  Happy crafting!


Supplies:

Sponge Daubers (for inking white pigment ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.