Thursday, May 25, 2017

Wishful Wildflower Birthday Card

I made this shaker card for a friend's birthday using The Ton's Wishful Wildflower stamps and dies.  This is one of those stamps that, for me, was love at first sight & I had to have it!

I've already posted this card on Instagram, but I like to have a few more details for my reference for when I want to recreate elements of certain cards.  Also, I'm entering this into a fun challenge The Ton has for this month--their Tic Tac Toe Challenge!  We are to choose 3 consecutive elements for our project.  I chose the diagonal starting with shaker card, then embossing and watercolor.

Get the details HERE
I first watercolored a background on watercolor paper using Distress Inks with a bit of yellow gold from Gansai Tambi Starry Colors.  Using Bristol Smooth card stock, I stamped and heat embossed the florals.  Then I colored with a few of my Zig Clean Color markers.


Here are a few more photos showing the beautiful shimmer and shine!





This stamp set is so pretty and I can't wait to try some more ideas I have!  Thank you so much for looking, and especially for taking a moment to comment!  :)

Supplies:
The Ton stamps/dies: Wishful Wildflowers; Pretty Mail; Dearest Peony for sentiment
The Ton Guava Sparkle Couture Mix
Distress Inks:  Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick
Gansai Tambi Starry Colors, yellow gold
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, light carmine, red, light green, pale green 
Shaker frame:  My Favorite Things Pierced Rectangle Frames








SaveSaveSaveSave

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind comments! Really means a lot to me!