Monday, May 15, 2017

OCC Sparkle & Shine, Shimmer, Pearl, and Flakes

This lesson for the Online Card Classes Sparkle & Shine was about using pigment powders, gilding flakes and other shiny pretties!

I was totally inspired by Debby Hughes' beautiful cards using background stamps, Versamark ink, & pigment powders.  My background stamp is an oldy, but good one, from Hero Arts called Branch Background.

My twist on this was to use a subtle patterned paper instead of a solid color.  I only have two colors of Perfect Pearls so I used the one called Perfect Gold (perfectly named I think!:)  For the sentiment I used some Concord & 9th stamps and dies--Happy Words stamps and Happy Card frame dies.  For the Happy, I put a Scor-Tape sheet onto card stock and die cut it with the adhesive side up.  I brushed the Perfect Pearls onto it for a shiny Happy!  Stamped the words "birthday to you" with Versamark and then brushed on more Perfect Pearls.

I used Altenew's Spring Daisy stamped with Versamark on some Bazzill 40# vellum.  Heat embossed with Recollection's Clear Gold sparkle embossing powder.

Here's another angle to try to capture some of the beautiful shine and sparkle!


Every single one of the Online Card Classes I've taken are loaded with ideas and techniques.  I really love the inspiration!  If you haven't taken one, you should!

Thanks so much for taking a look!  Double thanks for your comments!  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.