Friday, May 5, 2017

Stencil Technique Cards

Altenew Academy's Celebration: Stencil Techniques has some great ideas for using stencils in different ways.  Most of it was techniques I already know, but I enjoyed being reminded and inspired by Laurel Beard and her awesome cards!

These cards aren't representative of all of the techniques shared.  I kind of got carried away with the embossing paste stenciling!  LOL!  I think it's so fun to mix ink with embossing paste to color it and then use stencils to create beautiful backgrounds!

This first card is from lesson 1.   We were to use a card cover die and then use the die cut as a stencil. Of course, after you've stenciled through the die cut, your stencil is beautifully colored and can be used for a card, which is shown on the second card.
Different from my usual style, but I like it!  

This made a very quick and easy card!

Here's when I went crazy with the embossing paste!  LOL!  I managed to get two cards made from the many backgrounds I made.

Embossing paste mixed with SSS Fog ink

Embossing paste mixed with SSS Apricot ink
These last two I will be entering into the Flickr LOVE!--Handmade Cards, ATCs & Other Crafts May challenge "Bring on the Flowers".  Info is HERE.

This was a very enjoyable class and now I have several more backgrounds all ready to be made into cards!  Thanks so much for looking!  If you leave a comment, a big thank you to you!!!

Supplies:
Altenew stamps/dies:  Shadow Play, Beautiful Day, Remember This, Halftone Thanks, Label Love, Shutter Cover Die
Altenew Stencil: Sketched Lines Stencil
Other stencil:  Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous THMS026
Inks:  Simon Says Stamp, Distress Inks
Other: Pretty Pink Posh sequins, clear droplets, Nuvo drops




1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful! I live the yellow one and the peach one at bottom the best. Excellent idea to use the paper behind the stencil.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.