Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Best of Both Worlds

Here's my dilemma: I have a nice collection of stamps and dies and I have a Cricut Explore.  If I use my stamps and dies, I feel like I should be using my Cricut more, and vice versa.

So for this card, I used both!  I cut the tree with leaves and the grass with the Explore.  The Explore did the writing for me too.  I really love using it this way when I don't have a stamp for a sentiment I want!  For the other elements I used 2 sets from WPlus9, the Happy Mail and Sending Sunshine stamps w/dies.  I also used Spellbinder's Celebra'tions Pierced Rectangle dies.

I used watercolor paper so I could watercolor the sky and ground.  I colored the bear, birds, banner and flowers with my newly purchased Spectrum Noir pens.  What fun!

I added a bit of clear Wink of Stella to the sunshine and some of the leaves.

Well, I had fun making this card and my husband really liked it too!

I don't know if anyone actually looks at what I post (if it's not an Online Card Class) but if you are looking, I thank you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.