Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Best of Both Worlds

Here's my dilemma: I have a nice collection of stamps and dies and I have a Cricut Explore.  If I use my stamps and dies, I feel like I should be using my Cricut more, and vice versa.

So for this card, I used both!  I cut the tree with leaves and the grass with the Explore.  The Explore did the writing for me too.  I really love using it this way when I don't have a stamp for a sentiment I want!  For the other elements I used 2 sets from WPlus9, the Happy Mail and Sending Sunshine stamps w/dies.  I also used Spellbinder's Celebra'tions Pierced Rectangle dies.

I used watercolor paper so I could watercolor the sky and ground.  I colored the bear, birds, banner and flowers with my newly purchased Spectrum Noir pens.  What fun!

I added a bit of clear Wink of Stella to the sunshine and some of the leaves.

Well, I had fun making this card and my husband really liked it too!

I don't know if anyone actually looks at what I post (if it's not an Online Card Class) but if you are looking, I thank you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments! Really means a lot to me!