Friday, June 5, 2015

Freezer Paper Mask!

Yes!  I did it!  I actually used the freezer paper mask that I pulled off of my card shown in yesterday's post.  When I took it off, I just thought it was so pretty so I set it on my desk instead of trashing it.

I'm posting this in the Online Card Class, Mask-erade, Day 4 gallery.  Also, I'm stepping outside my comfort zone, and posting it in the Pretty Pink Posh blog hop.  Because, after all, the mask was watercolored too!!

So today, I took a Scor-Tape sheet, stuck it to white card stock, peeled off the other protective sheet and  (carefully!) stuck down the freezer paper mask!  THEN, I used the same die with freezer paper and cut it again.  I used all the little freezer paper pieces to mask the holes/open areas.  I hope that make sense!  :)

And because I LOVE glitter, section by section, I peeled off the little bits adding the different colors of glitter.


I used the same colors of Distress Inks to die the seam binding ribbon.



I guess the glitter wasn't quite enough bling!  So I added a few bits of bling from Want2Scrap.

Here are the two cards.  The differences are interesting to me.

I know glittery cards aren't really on trend, however, I do like sparkles on my cards. :)   I am really enjoying watercoloring too!  The Online Card Classes are totally awesome.  I have learned a lot from them.  The great thing is that you can sign up and take previous classes too!

13 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!! Love the glitter, as far as I'm concerned glitter is always on trend! There are lots of great classes, I've taken a few and have enjoyed them all. This is the first time that I really participated like sharing in the gallery, making comments and starting a blog and somehow making these new connections have made this class the best one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love how your card shines! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bling-tastic card! I too love a little glitz in my life. The colors are just dazzling but not garish. Keep on blinging it out girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, who care about trends with a card as good as this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sparkle and the watercoloring together. Your card really stands out in the hop. Gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is amazing! I really must try one of these classes if the results are this good! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind comments! Really means a lot to me!