Sunday, May 31, 2015

Online Card Class, Mask-erade, Another Day 5 Card

I decided to attempt Laura Bassen's technique of heat embossing clear powder on the balloon and star images.  I didn't have a tag die or a stripe stamp. Sometimes you just gotta go with what you've got!

I used my Cricut Explore to cut the cute tag onto striped paper.  (Because this was truly paper, I cut an additional tag from white card stock with Stick It to reinforce the paper.)  The balloon and star stamps are from a cute Simon Says Stamp set and also the word "birthday".  I used Broken China Distress Ink to ink over the striped paper.
I also used the Explore to cut out the "Happy" sentiment.
This technique was fun!  When you wipe the ink off of the embossed areas, it really is like magic!! :)

Thank you for checking out my card.  I'm very thankful and appreciative of your comments!



4 comments:

  1. Very cool tag. Like your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I could not get my striping straight when I tried stamping it, but I bet I have some striped paper someplace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and the colors. What a great idea, I have tons of patterned paper...I bet there is a striped one in there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind comments! Really means a lot to me!