Friday, May 29, 2015

Online Card Class, Mask-erade, Day 3 Card

I didn't plan it, but my card for today kind of combines bits of Jennifer McGuire's and Shari Carroll's techniques.

After stamping and coloring the flower pot image (Heartfelt Creations), I used the Fineline Masking Fluid Pen to mask off the entire image.  After it dried, I used a stencil by Wendy Vecchi called Checkmate for the background.  I sponged Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink into the checkerboard pattern.  Then I shifted the stencil over one square so that the yellow squares were covered and inked Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  I really like the two-toned checkerboard it created.


This closeup shows the Glossy Accents I added to the bucket and the clear Wink of Stella I added to the flowers and sunshine.

Hope you like my card!  Thanks for looking! :)

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty card. So bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! so springy. I love the colors you have chosen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind comments! Really means a lot to me!