Sunday, March 1, 2015

Happy Birthday w/Framed Labels 18

Happy Birthday Card

Yes, two posts in one day.  I'm in between projects and thought I'd post another one.  This is a birthday card I made for our sweet daughter who turned 25 last month.  My how time flies!  I'm sure I don't feel 25 years older!

I really had fun creating this card.  I struggle with the details so many times when I am starting to design a card.  I had asked my daughter what her current favorite color is.  She said blue, and light blue!  With that information, I chose the papers I wanted to use first before thinking about anything else.  It did seem to make the process go more smoothly.  I will try choosing paper first next time to see if it was a fluke, or not!

All of the papers are from a pack from Authentique.  The collection is called Original.  I used one of Spellbinders 3-D embossing folders called Framed Labels 18.  I carefully put VersaMark ink onto the debossed side of the folder, added the paper and ran it through my Grand Caliber.  I sprinkled on white embossing powder and used a brush to remove a little bit here and there.  After I heat embossed it, I  cut off the bottom section of the embossed piece.

The flower is Create A Daisy, also from Spellbinders, and the butterfly is a stamp with matching die from Our Daily Bread.  I love bling and always try to get it onto any project I can!  These pearls from Want2Scrap were perfect!



I hope you like my card.  Please say hello in my comment section--would love to know if anyone is seeing my blog.  Thanks and have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.