Sunday, March 1, 2015

Happy Birthday w/Framed Labels 18

Happy Birthday Card

Yes, two posts in one day.  I'm in between projects and thought I'd post another one.  This is a birthday card I made for our sweet daughter who turned 25 last month.  My how time flies!  I'm sure I don't feel 25 years older!

I really had fun creating this card.  I struggle with the details so many times when I am starting to design a card.  I had asked my daughter what her current favorite color is.  She said blue, and light blue!  With that information, I chose the papers I wanted to use first before thinking about anything else.  It did seem to make the process go more smoothly.  I will try choosing paper first next time to see if it was a fluke, or not!

All of the papers are from a pack from Authentique.  The collection is called Original.  I used one of Spellbinders 3-D embossing folders called Framed Labels 18.  I carefully put VersaMark ink onto the debossed side of the folder, added the paper and ran it through my Grand Caliber.  I sprinkled on white embossing powder and used a brush to remove a little bit here and there.  After I heat embossed it, I  cut off the bottom section of the embossed piece.

The flower is Create A Daisy, also from Spellbinders, and the butterfly is a stamp with matching die from Our Daily Bread.  I love bling and always try to get it onto any project I can!  These pearls from Want2Scrap were perfect!



I hope you like my card.  Please say hello in my comment section--would love to know if anyone is seeing my blog.  Thanks and have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments! Really means a lot to me!