Wednesday, February 10, 2021

My Best Adventures Are With You | Honey Bee Stamps

 Hello friends!!  For my card today I'm using Honey Bee Stamps' adorable Enjoy The Ride stamp set and coordinating dies.  Before I begin talking about how I made this sweet card, let me tell you a little story!


You see the bunny holding onto her love bunny on their scooter here.  Well, let me tell you that there's a true story about a trip my husband and I were on that this image brings back a, now funny, memory!  To keep it short, we were on a beautiful island in the Caribbean and "needed" to rent a scooter to get to the top.  (We were supposed to hike up, but the hubs had a slight injury and decided he couldn't do it!)  I was very skeptical about this, but I climbed on behind him and held on for dear life!!!!  LOL!!  I totally had my eyes closed for much of the scootering up that mini mountain!!  For the trip back down, I was less nervous and could enjoy that beautiful view!  Haha!

Now, onto my card!  To begin I used the Whimsical Hearts Stencil and a Background Blender Brush to ink up white card stock with the new Kitsch Flamingo Distress Ink.  I love the clear brightness of this color!  I removed the stencil and inked up the edges with the pink ink.  Then I placed my stencil back onto the card and spread some White Glitz Glitter Gel through it.  I cleaned up my stencil and set the piece aside to dry.

I stamped the bunny pair from the Enjoy The Ride stamp set with Copic safe ink onto 80# Neenah Solar White card stock.  I colored the image with the Copic markers I've listed below.  Next I stamped the sentiment in black ink and die cut it and the image with their coordinating dies.  I also stamped a few hearts with Kitsch Pink and die cut those as well.

I die cut some vellum with the middle sized Double Stitched Oval die.  I adhered the sentiment, hearts and image to the oval with Bee Creative glue.  When the glue was dry, I added foam tape to the back of the oval, but only adding it behind the image and sentiment.  This way the adhesive won't show through the vellum.

For even more sparkle, I added clear Wink of Stella to the wheels, light and hearts and topped those off with some Glossy Accents.


I hope you enjoyed my little story and maybe got a chuckle from the visual I described!  Haha!  Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Stay crafty, and warm!


Copic markers:
Bunnies: W5, W3, W1, W0, W00, E44, E42, E40, R20, R22
Scooter: BG18, BG13, BG11, C5, C3, C1, T9, T7, Y00, Y11, R29

1 comment:

  1. Oh! This is just too adorable, Carol! Sweet bunnies going for a ride

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.