Monday, April 8, 2019

Watercolor Garden Window, Art Impressions

Hello!  It's Monday and that means I'm on the Art Impressions' blog to show you this sweet watercolored notecard using their Garden Window MTF (mini TryFold).


This set comes with three images along with two dies to cut out the openings for the first and second panels.  


Since I wanted to watercolor this, I used Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper and created my card base following the directions on the back of the packaging.  This is a smooth paper (as opposed to the texture of watercolor paper) that can take some water which is just right for this technique that doesn't require a lot of water. 

I stamped the images in Versafine Onyx Black ink as that will take water without bleeding.  I also used a stamp from the WC Wall Texture set to add a bit of detail around the window.  I added my color with my Zig and pulled out a bit of the color--you know--watercolor the Ai way!  :)  I used Tombow and Zig Clean Color Brush markers to color everything.  I've listed the colors at the end of this post.

Now, as you can see here on the inside view, I didn't stamp the image directly onto the base card.  Well, actually I did.  In spite of my best efforts, I still didn't get it lined up to my satisfaction, so here's a tip for you.  If you don't get that last image lined up just right, stamp it again on some scrap paper and die cut it, then glue it in place.  I didn't want to totally start over, so I'm glad I thought of this!  I think it actually adds a pretty touch to the inside!



Thank you for stopping by--I always appreciate it so much!  Have a wonderful, crafty week!


Watercolor markers:
Tombow numbers: 177, 565, 636
Zig Clean Color Real Brush:  Yellow, Bright Yellow, Pale Violet, 
English Lavender, Brick Beige, Gray Brown, Mid Gray

Supplies:

1 comment:

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.