Thursday, November 15, 2018

Art Impressions Cat Twist Ties & Washi Tape Challenge Week 2

Hello to you all!  Art Impressions has a new release of their fun twist tie stamps with dies!

My card today features the new Cat Twist Ties!  If you are a cat love, this is a must have!  This card is also to inspire you to use washi tape and to enter Ai's current challenge:  Add Washi Tape!  You have until November 21 at 5:00 p.m. PST to enter.


Following the directions on the back of the package, I stamped the images onto Art Impressions Twist Ties Card.  These are really helpful to have on hand as they are precut to size and come with envelopes too.  I colored the cats with my alcohol markers (listed below).  Truth be known, I was very anxious about coloring cats!  I'm somewhat allergic and haven't payed attention to other crafters and their cat coloring.  So I Googled "cartoon cat colors" and got a lot of good ideas of colors to use.  Try it!  I've done this with other critters in the past and it's really helpful.

Here are the views as the card is opened:




For the inside, I put a piece of card stock inside, under the closed card and used a pencil to lightly trace as much of the heart shape as I could.  I took out the card and free-hand drew the rest of the heart and cut it out.  I then used Distress Inks to shade and color the heart.  I then adhered it down, centered behind the die cut portion on the front.  The sentiment is so cute and is included in the set.


Thank you so much for taking a look!  I hope you'll join in the challenge to use that washi tape we know you have!  :)


Spectrum Noir:
TN3, TN4, TN6, TN7, GY5, IG6, IG9
Copics:  RV00, N2, N4

Supplies:
Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink
Queen & Company Washi Tape

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love that heart background!! No one would know you're not a cat person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I {think} I understand how this works, but I'm not for sure, Carol! What I do understand is that you are a great cat colorist and an especially great card designer! The colors, message, and fun fold of this card are awesome!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and great design. I'm allergic to cats too. So I'm more likely to send a dog card then a Cat card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.