Thursday, August 9, 2018

Week 2 - Art Impressions Challenge #238: Card & Envelope

Hi crafty friends!  It's Week 2 of the Card and Envelope Challenge over at Art Impressions!

My card here is using the fun and masculine set called Reel Great Guys Set!  This is just perfect for any man, especially those that love to fish!  Did you know that you can pick up this set, and the Spring Chicken set, at your local Hobby Lobby?  Now you know!!

I stamped the images in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored everything with my alcohol markers.  I fussy cut the fish and popped it up alongside the sentiment.



Of course, since this is a card, and envelope challenge, I've got my matching envelope here.  I love making coordinating envelopes when I have time.  I like to use the envelope to give a kind of "sneak peek" of what's inside.   Before stamping the boat, I masked off the men in the boat to be able to just have the boat on the envelope.  After stamping, I used my black Micron 05 pen to draw in the back line of the boat and the line holding the hook with the sign.   I used my Prismacolor pencils to color for two reasons:  1) I didn't know how well the markers would blend on the paper of the envelope, and 2) I didn't want the bleed through of markers.



Well, I sure thank you for stopping by; and I hope I've inspired you to give this challenge a try!  We'd love to see your card and envelope linked up!  Click HERE to join us!  Happy crafting!



I used these Prismacolor Pencils for the envelope:
Blue Lake, Caribbean Sea, White, Terra Cotta, Burnt Ochre, 30% Cool Grey, 50% Cool Grey, 70% Cool Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.