Monday, June 25, 2018

Fluttery Piggy! for Art Impressions


Hello!  Hope your week is off to a good start!  I'm over on the Art Impressions blog today with this fun birthday card using the Pig Flutter Set.


I colored the fluttering pig with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers. I also used a marker to tint the brads so they will blend in a bit.   I used a stitched oval die to cut an oval from watercolor paper.  I stamped the stones, grass and flowers with Marvy Leplume II markers and blended them out with a damp brush.   I really love combining Art Impressions water color stamps with traditional stamping!  

The pull mechanism is really easy to make, so don't be intimidated!  There are very clear instructions on the back of the stamp packaging or you can watch the helpful YouTube video here.  I used a corner rounder that I've had forever to add a decorative edge to the pull tab before adhering my little die cut and stamped oval sentiment.

This photo shows the tab pulled, and the cute little pig fluttering away!  When the tab is up, it's out of the way for mailing and also hides the little slit.




Thank you for taking a look!  You can find a complete list of the supplies on my Art Impressions blog post!

Carol :)

3 comments:

  1. This one is sooo cute! Love the coloring on the pig :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, for Pete's sake, Carol, this is brilliant! If I got this fabulous card I would just sit in my chair for hours making oinking noises and pulling the tab!! The bright pink is just the best, but weren't you tempted to change the sediment to Wish Pig?! lol! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done card! Thanks for sharing the link to the video!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.