Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Honey Bee Just for YouI

I really, really like these bees and all the goodies that go with them from Honey Bee Stamps!

I had an "out of the box" idea to try by weaving ribbon through two of the Hexagon Cover Plate dies (also from Honey Bee Stamps).  I used the bottom and middle layers.  Here are a couple photos of the process:
I added tape runner along the bottom, folded the ribbon over & trimmed the ends.
I turned the middle sized die cut "upside down" to have the small slits to weave the ribbon.
I die cut a white and black circle to have a base for the flowers and sentiment (& also to break up the busy background some).



Thanks so much for looking!

Supplies:
Honey Bee Stamps, dies:  Hexagon Cover Place bottom & middle layers; Busy Bees; Build-A-Bee; Sending You sentiments
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
Glossy Accents
yellow ribbon from my stash

2 comments:

  1. Excellent, Carol!! My goodness you are clever and not afraid of tackling a project! This was worth all the work and, honestly, it needs to be a decoration in your home, patio, or garden wall (well-protected, of course!)! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.