Sunday, June 25, 2017

Hello, Gorgeous!

I totally love the colors presented in The Ton Stamps Color Pallet Challenge for June, 2017.

Details here.
I've been going through my stash looking at things I've had for a long time and trying to use them.  For whatever reason, I purchased two of these blank, unfinished wooden tags!  Anyone relate?  Anyway, this was my starting point to come up with something using these beautiful colors!   I first stamped the Wishful Wildflowers in navy ink then re-stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I used Zig Clean Color markers to watercolor them.




I lost count of how many times I switched directions and changed the colors/textures on the tag!  Then I had to decide how to arrange the florals from Wishful Wildflowers.  After it was finally done I have something that I can present!  I went WAY out of my comfort zone creating this project, but it was fun to get my fingers inky and paint stained!

Thanks so much for taking a look!

Supplies:
The Ton Stamps Wishful Wildflowers stamps/dies; Peony Cluster Mini for sentiment
Inks:  Simon Says Stamp:  Soft Navy, Audrey Blue; Versamark Clear
Distress Paints: Abandoned Coral, White
Zig Clean Color:  Wine Red, Dull Blue, Pink
From my stash:  ribbons, trim, beads sequins, corrugated paper, doily, miscellaneous stencils

3 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty, I have some wooden tags that have never been used. A great idea, and a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should visit this new zone more often, Carol! This is stunning! And, me too, going through the unfinished bits and bobs and USING them - feels so great!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag, so unexpected but gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.