When I saw the colors in the My Favorite Things Color Challenge, I was totally in as this is my MOST favorite color combination!!
It was fate---see---I already had these in the perfect colors! And I have to say WOW for the NUVO Crystal Drops. I ended up only using the little white ones, but I can save the others for another use.
Anyway, after several different ideas, here is what I came up with. I've listed the supplies and a few of my steps below along with the challenge links that I'm entering this card in.
|This shows the beautiful shimmer of the Perfect Pearls!|
Method to my madness:
- Stamped MFT's Bundles of Blossoms background stamp onto watercolor paper with VersaMark and embossed with white embossing powder.
- I swiped Wilted Violet Distress Stain onto my craft mat and sprayed Perfect Pearls into part of it. I painted this onto the stamped background in varying shades.
- Created my shaker window with two dies from SSS called Stitched Circles. Added the bling from Queen & Co. (wish I could capture the sparkle in the photo!)
- The banner is vellum die cut from JustRite Stitched A2 Banners and Rectangles.
- Cut the florals, MFT's Beautiful Blooms dies & stamps, from colored yardstick and stamped the images using a shade darker ink.
- Used MFT's Blueprints #29 for the sentiment banner (swiped with same Distress Stain.) Sentiment is from MFT Warm and Fuzzy Friends.
MFT Color Challenge
MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge 287
Simon Says: Anything Goes
P.S.: If you're still reading, I learned why it's a good thing to stand my card up for several hours. LOL! Oops, needed stronger adhesive!