I'm also taking Altenew Academy's Color Your Day with the awesome instructor Therese Calvird. The first lesson is to find inspiration for color in things around us. Well, it's all blue sky and hot sunshine here in Texas now, which is what inspired my background, with a bit of green for all the lovely green trees and plants we have now.
I also got some coloring in for the 30 Day Coloring Challenge at Thedailymarker.com.
I really enjoyed creating this card and getting a bit inky in the process! Thanks for taking a look!
Here are the main steps for my card:
- Prepped the surface with my anti-static pouch first. Then I stamped Justrite's Script Background Stamp with Hero Arts Color Lights by Lisa in a golden yellow color (no color name on the mini cube). (It's a pigment ink.)
- Used Simon Says Stamp clear embossing powder over all and heat embossed.
- Randomly apply Distress Inks to watercolor paper using wet-on-wet technique. I used Mustard Seed, Tumbled Glass and Twisted Citron.
- Next step is to put a sheet of printer paper over the card, and using a dry hot iron, iron off all the embossing.
- Stamped Justrite's butterfly from a set called Butterfly Kisses. Using my MISTI, I first stamped it in VersaFine Onyx Black in a few times, then stamped in VersaMark ink and embossed with SSS clear embossing powder.
- I colored the butterfly with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.
- The sentiment is stamped the same as the butterfly and is from Essentials by Ellen Mondo Hydrangea.
- Sequins are Pretty Pink Posh clear.