Saturday, June 11, 2016

Wedding Wishes

Get ready for it---this is the first two of FIVE cards I've made using Altenew's Beautiful Day stamp and die set!!!  Yes, I just LOVE this one!  Thankfully, my order of their new Spring Daisy came today, so I'll be giving Beautiful Day a rest!  Haha!

Why is it that when I'm "up against the wall" for a card that it comes together much more quickly that when I have plenty of time to ponder it?  We had a wedding to go to last Saturday and I had a couple hours to make a card.  I thought, "Oh, that's plenty of time for this card I had in mind."  LOL!  Seriously, what was I thinking???  I had to take the photo on the kitchen counter on the way out the door!!  Literally finished the last bit in the car!

I used part of the ribbon that was on her invitation which helped me choose the color for the rest of the card.  I love those We R Memory Keepers Next Level embossing folders--the hearts are perfect!  The sentiment is from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  I used Distress Stain in Tarnished Brass and a gold acrylic paint for the splatters.  The brown stamping on the florals is Wendy Vecchi Archival Ink in Potting Soil.


Then I decided to make another card to have on hand in a different color.  I used Simon Says Stamp inks in Lake Shores, Mint Candy and High Dive for this card.


I added some Wink of Stella and used Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins and droplets for some sparkle and shine!



Thank you so much for looking!  :)

Did you know I have a grand total of TWO followers (thank you Darnell & TK!!) and would love it if you would join them.  I'll be happy to give you a follow back!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards - love that you made it in two colors, which are both gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete