Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Two Masculine Birthday Cards With One Candle Cover Plate Die | Honey Bee Stamps

 Happy Wednesday, friends!  Today I'm sharing two masculine cards I made using Honey Bee Stamps Candle Cover Plate die.  I actually made the 40th birthday card in March and hadn't planned on sharing it. But then I needed another guy card for his 60th birthday and these were so easy to make, I thought I'd share them with you!


For both cards I stenciled the background first using the stencils in the Birthday Candles background stencil set.  I used my Background Blender brushes with some Distress Inks to stencil in the candles.  I used Blueprint Sketch, Squeezed Lemonade, and Spiced Marmalade.  When I was finished with my stenciling I die cut the Candle Cover Plate die once from white card stock, and another from blue card stock.  I adhered the die cut panels onto the stenciled panels and added them to a top-folding A2 card base.


For this card I used the Balloon Numbers Honey Cuts and the Birthday Honey Cuts.  I die cut them three times each from blue card stock.  The strings were die cut once.  I adhered the layers together with Bee Creative glue.  Then I die cut the "birthday" shadow from white card stock and adhere the blue birthday sentiment to it.  I popped it up with some foam tape.

Next I popped up the balloon numbers and threaded the balloon strings underneath the birthday sentiment.  I stamped "happy" in some blue ink and added it to the card.

For my next card I changed it up a bit by using the Balloon Card Borders Honey Cuts!

I die cut the Balloon Card Borders from blue card stock.  Then I used the Birthday Candle Stencil to dry emboss it.  I just used the tan embossing mat and the appropriate embossing sandwich for my die cutting machine!  I love the fun effect this adds!  I popped the balloon up onto the card with foam tape.

Next I die cut the Balloon Numbers and Happy Honey Cut three times each from white card stock.  I die cut the balloon strings once.  I left one of each of the pieces in the negative die cut space to make it easier to use my Blender Brushes and ink blend on some Distress Ink.  I used the same colors that I used for the candles.  Then I adhered these to the white die cuts to create more dimension.  I adhered the "happy" to the white die cut shadow and popped it up onto the card with foam tape.  After I adhered the Balloon Numbers, I added Glossy Accents to them for some fun shine!

I stamped birthday in black ink (from the Thanks A Bunch stamp set) and adhered it with glue.  I also did some dry embossing on the envelope with the Birthday Candles stencil.  Love how this looks!


Both of the birthday guys loved their cards and I do too!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope I've given you some ideas for those masculine birthday cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.