Thursday, December 6, 2018

Meerkat Party!!! for Art Impressions


Hello to all!  Taking a little break from Christmas cards to show you this so fun new set from Art Impressions called Meerkat Set.  This is also the second week of Art Impressions Challenge 246 "Anything Goes".  You have until December 12, 5 p.m. EST to enter.  All the details are on their blog.

Honestly, when I first received this stamp set, I was asking myself, "What is a Meerkat?!!"  Well, I'm sure you know what I did next--a little Google search and I found this website that told me all about them.

So here we have this funny group of them.  I know from my search that a bunch of Meerkats is called a mob or a gang!   Well, it sure is the cutest mob or gang ever!

I stamped them onto Neenah Solar White 80# and colored with alcohol markers (colors listed below).  I cut that panel out with one of the Art Impressions' Square Stitched Rectangle dies.  I used a Ranger Distress Ink Blending brush to blend on some Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink for the sky and grass (I used a piece of Post-It tape to get the straight line.)


So here is the surprise inside!!!  I used My Favorite Things Trifold Slider to create this interactive scene with this SO cute Meerkat sliding towards his presents!  Rather than try to explain how to put this together,  click HERE for Jennifer McGuire's YouTube video that I followed.  Her Trifold Slider instructions begin at about the 23:45 mark.  She explains it perfectly!  On mine here, I used some acetate.  I think the next time I will try it with card stock to see how that works.

How CUTE is this Meerkat's expression?!!  It really does make me smile!


Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you've enjoyed my card today.  Happy crafting!


Markers: (all Copic,  except *= Spectrum Noir)
Meercats: TN9*, TN6*, E15, E13, E11, E30, RV21, RV13
Bowties, hats, gifts: R14, R27, TR04, YR07, Y02, Y15, B18, B29, BV04, BV08, V04, PL2*, N2, B02, B16, YG06, YG09

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.