Monday, February 19, 2018

Twofer Card Challenge #2 - Hearts

This challenge is to use the same stamp/die on two different cards in two totally different ways.  I think my two cards here meet that challenge!  You can find all of the info for the Twofer Card Challenge HERE.


The Wedding Wishes card uses the leftover negative pieces from the Simon Says Stamp die called Bramble Heart.  I used my Distress Oxide inks to shade them before piecing them into place on an embossed heart background.

For the second card I colored the die cut with alcohol markers.  I also used the die to cut windows into the card stock and mounted all onto a folded clear acetate card for the see-through effect.  I sent this card to one of our daughters for Valentine's Day and she loved it!!

Here are a couple more looks:




Both of these cards are also entered into Flickr's LOVE--Handmade Cards group Challenge #26-Anything Goes.

Thank you very much for stopping by to take a look!

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp Bramble Heart die
We R Memory Keepers embossing folder, hearts
Sentiment: Wedding Wishes by Stamp Simply; Thoughtful Messages by SSS
Inky Antics heavyweight clear card stock










6 comments:

  1. Both cards are lovely! I like the softness of the wedding card..Your second card is very creative with the window...(Must try that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning cards, Carol, in such pretty colors! I love all the elements of your romantic wedding card using the bramble heart and cool debossed hearts! And your sweet double-see-through acetate Valentine with the same heart for one of your daughters is so classy and feminine! I've had some of those folded acetate cards for a coupla three years and now I have a genius idea for what to do with them! Thank you! And thank you so much for playing along in Twofer Card Challenge #2!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both so lovely, Carol! Delicious texture and soft colours on your wedding card ... and I love all the see-through-ness of the valentine ... it's delicate, pretty and so feminine! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wedding card is full of love with those embossed hearts and your gorgeous die! I'm such a fan of your see through acetate card with your bright green and pink sprigs! You've done a fantastic job creating two different looks! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully made cards. The wedding card reminiscent of the lace on the dress and the love card so vibrant and spring like. A great idea making it see through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are just so elegant. You made that bramble heart die shine I might have to get one more heart die. Thanks for sharing and entering the challenge with the LOVE group.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.