Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Hello There!

A new to me challenge blog, Inspired by All the Little Things, has a challenge this week hosted by one of the kindest bloggers I've "met"--Darnell Knauss ( her blog is link HERE.)  She is the host of this week's challenge.  Here is the inspiration for this weeks challenge:

Details for the challenge are HERE.
I totally love these colors and wanted to participate to honor Darnell.  She is always so very encouraging and, as a bonus, quite entertaining on her blog posts!  :)  So very glad our paths crossed on the big world-wide internet!

So my card here uses the colors of the inspiration along with the script and burlap you can see when you look closely at the photo.  I used NBUS Wild Garden dies by Ellen Hutson and Burlap Background stamp and Script Background stamp by JustRite.  I recently got Altenew's Layered Medallions Cover dies and used die B here.

For the flowers and the cover die, I had fun using Distress Oxide inks to get the different colors.  I used Lucky Clover, Cracked Pistachio, Candied Apple and Wild Honey.  These inks are really amazing in how you can create various layers!




I finished it off with some splashes of Gansai Tambi Starry Colors yellow gold paint and Pretty Pink Posh gold sequins.

Thanks so much for taking a look!!







4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is lovely! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darnell is just wonderful, isn't she??!! A treasure in blogland, for certain!! I love all the elements of your card. The burlap background has really caught my attention, and those flowers all dressed up in their DIs look fabulous. That cover plate adds just the right touch, too. What a fun card!! Thanks for playing along at IBATLT! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card and excellent job covering all the bases of the inspiration photo, Carol! Each element is represented in such a fantastic fluid way and your Doxie coloring, especially in the close-up, is just divine! Thank you for saying such kind things about me and playing in the challenge! You've made me smile AND blush! I, too, am delighted to have gotten to know YOU in Blogland!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that die cut flower and you have used the colors wonderfully! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.