Sunday, October 9, 2016

Autumn Friend Card

I made this card for Splitcoaststampers Falliday Fest.  The assignment Lydia gave us is to make a card with fall colors and with print such as newsprint, book pages, or text.

I used two Justrite stamp sets for this card:  Script Background Stamp and Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves (I've had this one forEVER & I think this is only the 2nd time I've used it!)

I stamped the leaves in Versamark and added brown embossing powder.  After creating masks for the leaves and sentiment, I stamped the script onto white Neenah 110 lb. paper with Cosmic Shimmer Flake & Glitter Glue then added Warm Sunrise Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes.  I just love how this turned out!!

I then used Distress Inks (colors listed below) to create the background and watercolor the leaves.  I added a bit of Walnut Stain Distress Ink around the edges.  I also used Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen in Biscuit on the leaves.


Here is a closeup showing the beautiful shine of the gilding flakes:

I really appreciate you looking and especially if you leave a comment!!


Distress Ink colors:

  • Walnut Stain
  • Squeezed Lemonade
  • Fossilized Amber
  • Spiced Marmalade
  • Fired Brick





2 comments:

  1. Oh My Beautiful! Love the script backdrop, those luscious colors and gilding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty with those colors! I don't remember being on your blog before...so enjoying my visit. going to follow you on pinterest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind comments! Really means a lot to me!