Sunday, October 9, 2016

Autumn Friend Card

I made this card for Splitcoaststampers Falliday Fest.  The assignment Lydia gave us is to make a card with fall colors and with print such as newsprint, book pages, or text.

I used two Justrite stamp sets for this card:  Script Background Stamp and Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves (I've had this one forEVER & I think this is only the 2nd time I've used it!)

I stamped the leaves in Versamark and added brown embossing powder.  After creating masks for the leaves and sentiment, I stamped the script onto white Neenah 110 lb. paper with Cosmic Shimmer Flake & Glitter Glue then added Warm Sunrise Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes.  I just love how this turned out!!

I then used Distress Inks (colors listed below) to create the background and watercolor the leaves.  I added a bit of Walnut Stain Distress Ink around the edges.  I also used Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen in Biscuit on the leaves.


Here is a closeup showing the beautiful shine of the gilding flakes:

I really appreciate you looking and especially if you leave a comment!!


Distress Ink colors:

  • Walnut Stain
  • Squeezed Lemonade
  • Fossilized Amber
  • Spiced Marmalade
  • Fired Brick





2 comments:

  1. Oh My Beautiful! Love the script backdrop, those luscious colors and gilding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty with those colors! I don't remember being on your blog before...so enjoying my visit. going to follow you on pinterest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.