Saturday, April 30, 2016

Online Card Classes Clear & Sheer, Acetate Embossing

This card is inspired by the lesson on day 4 and Debby Hughes' beautiful card.  She showed us how to heat emboss on acetate and then color with alcohol markers on the back.

I used one of my favorite stamps: Essentials by Ellen Mondo Hydrangea---just love this!  The frame is Spellbinder's A-2 Fancy Ribbon Threader.  After I colored the flower (yes I love bright colors!) I also ran the acetate through with the frame die so I could stitch around the outside edge.

I learned something new too.  I've always known that you can die your ribbon with Distress Inks.  Well I didn't have a Distress Ink that coordinated well enough (& I do like to be coordinated!) so I wondered if I could color the ribbon using the same markers that I used for the flower.  TaDaaa!!  It worked!  Used my heat tool to dry it.  I also put drops of plain old rubbing alcohol on the ribbon and it gave it a very interesting look (doesn't really show in the photo too much).  Note to self (and anyone else trying this):  WEAR GLOVES--the ink really does stain the fingers!  LOL!

Thank you for taking a look!!


1 comment:

  1. A really pretty card! Love the colors and thanks for the ribbon tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.