Monday, September 28, 2015

Online Card Classes, Watercolor for Card Makers, Day 2

I have had as much time to try out the techniques in this class as I have others, but I have managed to use the background that Laura Bassen showed us on day 2.

This background took me several tries to get it close to Laura's, but I figured out that at first I was using too much water!!

I cut down the watercolor background to use with an Impression Obsession frame.  I just couldn't leave all of the ink on my craft mat, so I spritzed it with water and laid the frame into the inks.  I like how it turned out!

I've used the Tim Holtz Crazy Birds stamps and dies and things to create this card.  I used Distress Inks and markers to watercolor the bird and balloons too.  I added some clear Wink of Stella to the balloons before adding Glossy Accents to them and the eyes.


Here's a closeup showing the Wink of Stella under the Glossy Accents.
This class has been a good one and has helped me feel more comfortable using watercolors!

Thank you for looking at my card, and a big thank you for your comments!


1 comment:

  1. Sorry I just saw this ..Looks good, Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind comments! Really means a lot to me!