Wednesday, July 15, 2026

Hello My Sweet Friend, You Bring Sunshine To My Life

Hello, crafty friends!  Today I'm sharing this sweet card that features Honey Bee Stamps new Lovely Layers: Citrus!  I love just about everything lemon flavored and also the color yellow, so I paired the yellow with two more of my favorite colors: blue and green!!

First I cut out lemons from the Lovely Layers: Citrus dies from some bright lemony yellow cardstock.  I chose a pretty green for the leaves and stems and brown cardstock for the branch.  The flowers are from white cardstock.

I cut two of the Lovely Layers: Citrus branches, just mainly for more dimension, from brown cardstock and glued the two layers together.

Next I used blending brushes to add coordinating green and yellow inks to add some shading to the lemons and leaves.  I used the leftover ink of the yellow brush to color the flower centers. Then I used Bee Creative glue to adhere the lemons, leaves, and flowers to the Lovely Layers: Citrus branch.

For the background, I used one of my favorite stencils, the Vintage Flourish stencil!  I noticed that this stencil is in the retiring section (sad face, haha) and is at a reduced price!  I used a beautiful and vibrant blue to color through the stencil with a blending brush onto white cardstock.

I trimmed the stenciled panel to 4-¼" x 5-½" and glued it to an A2 card base.  To adhere the Lovely Layers: Citrus lemon branch to my card I used various foam adhesives including Bee Creative Foam tapeBee Creative Honeycomb Foam, and foam squares. I used different adhesives because it just depended on where I was putting the adhesive and what size I needed.  Do you use different adhesives too?

Next I stamped two of the sentiments from the Sweetest Bunch stamp set with black pigment ink.  Then I cut out both sentiments with the coordinating Sweetest Bunch Honey Cuts.  I added most flower and leaf die cuts (Lovely Layers: Citrus) to tuck under the left edge of one sentiment.  Both sentiments are popped up with foam squares.

I love the Amalfi Coast vibes I achieved with the beautiful blue Vintage Flourish stenciled background and the Citruslemons!  

I hope you've enjoyed my bright and summer card using the beautiful Lovely Layers: Citrus set!  I really appreciate you stopping by!  See you back here next week with more inspiration from the Perfect Picnic release!

I so appreciate your using my affiliate links to shop (never any additional cost to you)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.