Monday, February 27, 2017

Pink, You Are the Bestest!

The focus in this lesson is using pink to bring about feelings of sensitivity, caring and sweetness.  If you haven't tried Altenew Academy's classes, you should.  They are very reasonably priced and quite informative.  I can see using many different brands of stamps and dies with the techniques I've learned.

I actually made two pink cards.  Here is the first.  I really love working with texture paste and stencils.  Mixing it with some ink makes it even more fun!



This next card is one that looked better in my mind than how I think it turned out.  I fiddle-diddled with it so much and just can't figure out what isn't working for me.  I decided to break out some of my stash of patterned paper to go with the pink, sweet theme.   Since I was using long neglected paper, I broke out my bling and added the butterfly swirls in pink rhinestones.  The bottles are vellum that I colored on the back with Spectrum Noir markers and then backed with white card stock.  It's not horrible, but I just feel like something is off.  Oh well, maybe I'll pull it apart and try something different.


 Thanks for looking! 

Supplies:
First card:
Altenew stamps/dies:  Beautiful Day, Floral Shadow, Bottleful Of, Botanical Garden
Inks: Spun Sugar Distress Ink, Hero Arts Soft Pink & Bubblegum, Versafine Onyx Black
Ranger texture paste
Pretty Pink Posh clear droplets
Want2Scrap pink rhinestones










8 comments:

  1. I love the delicacy of the pink and the pops of black. Fabulous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the first one - such delicate colouring and the pink on the background is perfect - great work

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both pink bliss, Carol! I wish I had your eye for coloring and layering! I cocked my head to think deep about your second one that didn't feel right to you, trying to see if I could see anything. It looks really pretty to me, but before you tear it apart, what about changing out that top butterfly for one sideways and the same size as the two on the lower half? The top one does seem to be encroaching on your lovely sediment. Just a thought! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first card the most. Would you tell me where the sentiment comes from? Would love to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! The sentiment is in Altenew's Floral Shadow stamp set.

      Delete
  5. So pretty! My favorite color is PINK!!! So you know I loved these! Especially the first one with my very favorite color combo being pink and black!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! My favorite color is PINK!!! So you know I loved these! Especially the first one with my very favorite color combo being pink and black!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are great. The only thing "off" on the second card is that it isn't what you had in your mind when you visualized it. That happens to me ALL THE TIME! But trust me, it's great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for using my product links to shop. Some of the product links I've provided may have what is called an "affiliate" link. By using my links to purchase products, I may earn a bit of a commission, at absolutely no additional cost for you. Thank you for supporting my blog.